In order to better serve you while concerns over COVID-19 continue, Edelman, Krasin, & Jaye is happy to conduct consultations by Phone, via Skype, or other video. Documents can also be reviewed and signed electronically. The attorneys & staff at Edelman, Krasin, & Jaye are here for you during this time. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Our Team Fights For The Rights You Deserve

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Criminal Defense
  4.  » Criminal Law FAQ

Answering Your Questions About Criminal Law

When the police pull you over or start asking questions, it is time to get a lawyer. Your future could very well depend on the next steps you take.

Below are some of the most common questions people ask us about the criminal justice system. When you need us, we are just a call away. Dial 516-243-7137 or email us today.

What should I do if I am arrested?

If the police arrest you, the first thing you should do is ask for an attorney. Until your attorney arrives, do not answer any questions. As a person accused, you have what are known as Miranda rights, which are meant to protect you throughout investigations and arrest. Among the most notable is that you have the right to remain silent, and you should use that until someone who understands the criminal system is present and ready to advocate for you.

Am I going to jail?

The only sure thing at this point is that you need an attorney. The case against you may seem ironclad, and it is in police interests to portray your case as inevitable because many people will begin to incriminate themselves, falsely believing that it will help gain goodwill. Our attorneys can accurately evaluate your case and determine the best strategies to fight the allegations facing you.

Do I need bail money?

Possibly. But, if you are not charged with a crime, there is a very limited time that the police can keep you in custody. Regardless, bail hearings can lead to very different results, and many people do not need to pay bail.

Can you help me?

Yes. We are ready to stand with you throughout your case and to advocate for you. Call Edelman, Krasin & Jaye, PLLC, at 516-243-7137 as soon as possible.